2017. február 28.

I’m aliiiive

Hey everyone!
I’m still alive! Sorry for not posting for a long while, but the thing is that I didn’t like Ostrava at all (I liked the university but the city was horrible). I wasn’t alone with such feelings however, and I got as depressed from the place as hype I was before going there.
I’m already home (been for a month now) and I’m fine, already dealt with paperwork, still having a few exams though. And even if I said I didn’t like Ostrava at all I would totally go on Erasmus again, somewhere else, far-far away from Ostrava and the Czech Republic, because that place gave me an irrationally high rate of disappointments, those I don’t intend to make public here, if you’re curious then I can tell you everything in a personal message.
If you accept an advice or two: first of all you should definitely check the universities’, and even more the cities where you’re going, because if you go to a city you don’t find big enough (Pécs for many incoming students for example is too small) or clean enough or nice enough (Ostrava for me), you will hate it. And it’s not a bad thing to get information what rate of the people there speak English: Czechs in Ostrava mostly didn’t and as I didn’t want to learn Czech at all I had to use google translate (unreliable shit, but better than nothing), or ask for a Czech friend’s help.
Second advice would be that you may either register to sufficient amount of lessons at home (or just a little more), and you should definitely start studying as soon as you can, I started everything very late and I have less than 3 weeks for altogether 9 unfinished lessons to finish.
Advice three: don’t start any of your studies (let that be your major or second major or minor or anything) with Erasmus, when you go home you may realise that everyone has friends already and you’re all on your own (but lucky me still finds people to help her); not to mention that you won’t have any idea about the requirements of the teachers whose lessons you registered to.
Thank you for reading my blog, and sorry for leaving without any sign, it wasn’t intentional.

No fancy picture or similar this time just a crazy snapchat-filtered thingy and the conclusion once more:
Even though I did not like the place I would totally go on Erasmus again.

I’m out.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése