2016. október 21.

Rock’n’Roll Angel

Yes, that would be me.


When I saw the poster of Lordi coming to Ostrava my first idea was that I should go to the concert and make my groupmate, David jealous of me, because he loves them a lot more than I do (I know like 10 songs’ refrains and that’s all?), but for some (mostly financial) reason I didn’t really do anything to achieve this goal. Then yesterday someone wrote into our Erasmus-facebook group that they had a free VIP-ticket (sitting ticket, actually) and would sell it for a cheaper price (originally 890 CZK, I got it for 500) because the one who it was originally meant for couldn’t attend the concert because of health issues. We agreed on meeting in front of my dorms and he gave me the ticket.
Finally, I had to run to the tram and I almost couldn’t eat anything and finish my make up properly (I also had to wash my hair in 10 minutes and dry it in 5) so I left the dorms without lipstick on, with half wet hair and a pack of Manner neapolitaner so I could eat on the tram and do my lipstick there (you’d be amazed how true it is that practice makes perfect [lips]), but finally, when I arrived to the Garage Club of Ostrava everything was perfect, I was in time, and I could even order a beer before the concert started (but they didn’t have bottled beer… it hurt).


There were two bands before Lordi, whom I have never before heard of (shame. shame. shame. ding-ding-ding) and I basically listened to them and for real they were both good but as I didn’t know any of their songs I couldn’t enjoy them enough to go into the middle of the party (anyways, I don’t know what was wrong with the people but I could almost see no one jumping or headbanging, not even talking about pogo, that is the very base of a good concert. people of Ostrava, what’s wrong with you?!) buut when I could finally hear a song I knew (kind of; Blood Red Sandman) I decided that dammit, I want to party! And I went to the like 5th line and started jumping and headbanging. Do you know the feeling when Mr Lordi points at you at least 5 times during the concert and looks into your eyes like 10 times? I was dead.
Of course I ended up having almost no voice from shouting for them. Anyways, have you ever been to a Lordi concert? They make real show, after every song there is either a scene or Mr Lordi himself talks to the audience, asking them if they want more and showing his language knowledge of that country’s language (of course I understood nothing from Czech apart from when he said “thanks” and “bitch”, hehe). BUT we couldn’t talk with them or get autographs or anything so I “got stuck” with the other two bands, as I didn’t really want to go home yet, I had a lot of time until the next tram left, and also I liked the first two bands enough to hang out around them.


First one of the members of the first, more gothic band, Silver Dust asked me if I wanted a picture with them (of course! I paid for the concert after all so why leave without anything personal? I couldn’t catch any drumstick or plectrum, but I was really close to catch Mr Lordi’s used towel) so we asked a Czech lady to make a picture of us (presented above); then after talking a little with them (they are really nice, for real, and their music is good, go check them out: http://www.silver-dust.net/ there is an English version as well) I headed to the other band, Shiraz Lane (facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShirazLane/) which group’s members seemed to be closer to me in age… and I was right, they’re 22-23, and I’m 20. And I met 5 sweet Finnish marshmallows, who are as crazy as I am (presented below on the picture), and I had a nice chat with them; it turned out than not only my family members are so creative that they ask me if my parents didn’t have enough money to buy me proper pair of pants when I wear torn jeans… and that also they say all the time that they are broke (I feel ya boyz, broke students feel broke musicians, especially when we are fam, since the Finnish and the Hungarians are family, and also they personally say it). And as their style was totally different from those people’s who came for the concert, I told them that even though the audience didn’t have a huge party at their concert they were really good and hopefully the audience’s musical taste will expand after hearing them. Aand at this point, when I said that “for example I listen to all these kinds of music and Korean pop music as well” it turned out that the singer, Hannes (the blondie on the first picture) likes it as well SOOO we hugged each other and it seems I have a new, Finnish oppa, who is famous and screams fucking crazily, I love him :D But the very best part of the night was the group hug the guys gave me as a farewell (and it was their idea) .___.


The only downside of the night was that I didn’t spend enough time finding a tram home and I had to walk an hour from the central bus station.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése