2016. október 8.

Get To Know Each Other Weekend: Sleep Even Less Than Usually

So last weekend we had the GTKEO Weekend, and within those approximately 2,5 days we surely got to know each other a little better. This weekend was the best and worst weekend of my life. Best, because I had awfully lots of fun and got to know many interesting and nice people, and worst, because during 2 night I slept 6 hours altogether, thanks to some (I must admit, mostly Mediterranean-born) people who decided to talk loudly in that area where people tried to sleep, and as they were quite illuminated they barely understood when I tried to explain them that I don’t mind them having fun as long as they let me sleep (this would have been really easy by the way). I also caught cold on Saturday – and it didn’t help my chance to fall asleep at all; and I could never ever use ear-plugs so I was doomed not to sleep. But since then two of them already apologised and I’m getting better day by day so it’s not such a big deal. Anyways, have you ever danced in slippers on a party? I tell you, you gotta try it out, it’s very weird but helps you relax more than high heels.
On Friday afternoon we left Ostrava with a charter bus and the party started almost immediately on the bus – we were talking about it with Maria that being a driver on such occasions must be a punishment. We went to Karolinka to a cottage, around 1,5 hours away from Ostrava, near the Slovakian border (and of course Ntina and I had to pee almost as soon as we left Ostrava). Luckily the Indian Summer still lasted then and we took our really warm clothing in vain, instead we needed sneakers and t-shirts.
The programme was surprisingly good and well-organized (and although I can’t remember everything I’ll try to write down everything interesting), almost as soon as we arrived our eyes were blindfolded by the organizers and The Game began. First we had to grab at a very long rope and walk up to the cottage door from the bus, all blindfolded. It took us more than 4 minutes to walk 50 meters. Then we went inside and finally got to know what on earth was going on, why was the whole cottage placated with our faces on “wanted” posters, why did all the ESN people wear elegant clothing and why were we blindfolded previously. The topic of the weekend was Mafia and we were the new candidates to join the family; but only one could join, so we had to “kill” each other. Each of us got a piece of paper with someone else’s name on it and with a task, such as “make her sit in your laps” or “make him drink beer as fast as he can”, etc; and if we accomplished the task the person was dead, we got his/her papers and our new victim was our last kill’s next victim. Some people took it bloodily seriously, some just shrugged when they were dead. Another, organized game we had was the well-known flag-game from our childhood camps, where each team has a flag and other teams have to steal it, and our lives are scarfs in our jeans as if we had tails. And despite being all grown up people attending universities we enjoyed it as not even 10-year-olds do. And the cherry on the top of the cake was when we had a night tour up to the hills, following glowing bracelets on the ground, then enjoyed the sight of the stars without any light-pollution, lying in the grass on a meadow, and then we had a campfire (after making sure the lampions we sent up to the sky didn’t burn the whole forest down, hehe).
We also had groups, or better said “families” (we were the Salieris) and we played lots of games those are for creating team-spirit, we laughed together, we tried together, we fought together, and we played against other teams sometimes (and again it turned out that I’m unbeatable by ordinary people when it comes to fast eating). Staying at topic, this weekend I could finally drink some beer, so I didn’t leave out this opportunity and drank the IQ gingko-beer I won at the Czech National Evening and the Polish cider Maria brought me from home. Both of them were good but I prefer other brands. Also, I’m not sure if I have already mentioned, but at the Czech national evening there was a fast beer drinking competition where Timo, a German guy won. He got to know that I can also drink beer really fast (one of the few talents of mine, haha) and long story short: we competed, and we finished at the same time (and my clothes were again drenched in beer, as usually when I compete in beer-drinking). He said he has almost never seen such a girl (and very few boys as well) so at the end of the semester we will have to compete again.
Additional info: this Wednesday we had a pub-crawl, again with funny tasks and small groups as teams, and it also helped us get to know each other. We had to, for example, make a group photo in the toilet mirror (unisex group – which toilet to choose? Finally we agreed that men wold freak out a little less on women being in their toilet than vice versa), or we had to make selfie with a tram driver, make strangers dance with us on the tram, etc. so we again had fun together, and now we could go home at any time we wanted from the Latino-party that our parties always end up in, since there are extremely many Spanish and Portuguese students here.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése